UPDATE- A body has been found, not confirmed to her yet, updates at bottom of the blog.
30th Aug- family confirm body found is Tootie.
2-year-old Maliyah “Tootie” Bass has not been since Saturday (22nd Aug) morning, around 9.30 am, and her last known location was the Sunset Crossing apartments in the 10600 block of Beechnut St, southwest Houston.
She is 3-feet-tall and weighs between 38 and 40 pounds, Maliyah has black hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing multi-colored tank top, multi-colored shorts & had a “Enchanted” themed pink & white pillow case with letter blocks inside.
Texas Equusearch have been involved and drained the complex pool.
Maliyah’s mother- https://www.facebook.com/sahara.ervin
Rosalie Jimerson is Maliyah’s grandmother
She has been posting online
Her stepgrandmother (Maliyah’s mothers boyfrand speaking to reporters. (link below)
She doesn’t feel the police are doing enough.
Interview begging for her safe return – https://abc13.com/6383649/
Anyone with information about Tooties whereabouts, is urged to call the Houston Police Dept. Missing Persons Desk at (832) 394-1840.
Press conference 23rd August 2020-
Main points noted by awesome group member Kelly Clawson-
- Can not confirm identity but they do believe it will be Maliyah.
- Highly confident foul play is involved.
- Asking local residents and business owners to scour their surveillance footage.
- Report any suspicious people, vehicles, or activity in the last 36 hours.
- She was discovered by a female jogger along the bayou.
- She was found in the water and removed by HFD.
- It’s being approached as a murder investigation.
- The bayou is about 18 miles or so from the apartment complex.
- Equusearch is assisting in evidence recovery from the bayou and the dump site.
- Moms boyfriend was crying and saying police didn’t do enough.
- No current suspects or leads, imploring the public to call in with information and review their surveillance footage.
- “It’s not probable she fell in the water accidentally, we believe this is foul play”.
- “We’re gonna catch him. We’re gonna get justice for this little girl who should be playing on a Sunday and not on her way to the morgue”
UPDATE 24th August-
Harris County Tx ME site now has the following entry, listed under-8/23/2020 11:17:00 AM FEMALE BLACK
Next of Kin-Parents has now been added to the report.
And now Harris County ME
Live inside the home
UPDATE- 6th October
Sahara Ervin, 20, and Travion Thompson, 21, for their alleged roles in the girl’s death. They are charged with injury to a child and tampering with evidence, according to Houston police.
Join our group True Crime Society for all the latest updates.